No announcement yet.

Trend Line Converted to Vertical Line…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trend Line Converted to Vertical Line…

Hello,

I use "Trend Line" with "Extend Right" option to draw horizontally. On a smaller time frame (e.g., 15') I click the first point, then the second point. Because I'm "lazy" the latter point is close to the first one. My object is now drawn.

Here comes the problem. When I switch to one of my larger time frame charts, e.g., Daily, this object become a vertical line!

Can you remedy to this?

Thanks for your support and hope this time eS 11 will answer me.

Thanks in advance

Re: Trend Line Converted to Vertical Line…

Raphaele
    That is the expected behavior if the anchor points on the lower interval are contained within the same higher interval [eg if the anchor points on the one minute chart are within the same 15 minute interval or within the same day etc].
    FWIW every charting program I have [eg. Metastock, TradeStation, Multicharts] behaves in exactly that same way.
    The reason is that the coordinates of the anchor points are based on date/time and price and you lose the granularity of the time coordinate when you switch from one interval to a higher one. IOW if you draw a line between 15:01 and 15:12 on a 1 minute chart and then switch the chart to 15 minute interval those two anchor points will now be on the same 15:00 bar hence the line will appear vertically
    Alex

Originally posted by Raphaele
    Hello,

I use "Trend Line" with "Extend Right" option to draw horizontally. On a smaller time frame (e.g., 15') I click the first point, then the second point. Because I'm "lazy" the latter point is close to the first one. My object is now drawn.

Here comes the problem. When I switch to one of my larger time frame charts, e.g., Daily, this object become a vertical line!

Can you remedy to this?

Thanks for your support and hope this time eS 11 will answer me.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello Alex,

thanks for your quick reply. Understood your explanation and will do my best to be less lazy.

Good week,

Raf

Comment

Raphaele
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by Raphaele
        Hello Alex,

thanks for your quick reply. Understood your explanation and will do my best to be less lazy.

Good week,

Raf

Comment

Working...
        X